Job title: Communications and Operations Manager
Company: September Publishing
Location: Remote, home working with monthly travel to team meeting
Is the role full time? Part time, 16-25 hours per week [dependent on successful applicant]
Is the role Permanent? Yes
Salary: £24,000-32,000 pro rata [dependent on experience]
Contact: Send CV and covering letter to Hannah MacDonald on [email protected]
Closing date: 13 April 2023. First interviews via Zoom week of 17th April. Second interviews in person in London.
We are looking for a motivated, resourceful, book-loving new team member to join our award-winning independent publishing company, working across communications and trade operations for our boutique list of award-winning adult non-fiction, fiction and illustrated books. We currently publish 12 new titles a year.
The role would suit second or third jobber with experience in marketing, operations or sales, but we welcome applications from all areas of publishing and from those who are keen to explore new areas of responsibility. Training to be provided where needed. The role is home-based, 16 to 25 hours per week (to be agreed) and offers flexible working hours, with the requirement of one team meeting or event attendance per month. Job title and salary dependent on experience.
The role requires strong digital skills (inc. social media and basic website management), marketing savvy, organisational ability as well as terrific people skills. You would be working with high profile authors and artists as well as the media, influencers and publishing trade. Above all we are looking for an individual to work flexibly and enthusiastically – a can-do spirit is essential!
We offer 25 days of paid holiday per year pro rata plus 3 days at Christmas and New Year. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Working across Consumer and Trade Marketing campaigns
- Creating and liaising with designers/photographers on marketing materials for social media, Amazon A+ and POS
- Marketing info management – ie ATIs, Catalogues, Presentations
- Social media campaigns – creating and monitoring organic and paid for campaigns
- Social media reviewers – digital outreach via Bookstagram, FB, Twitter, TikTok
- Amazon pages – making sure each page looks as appealing as possible, creating A+
- Event management – reaching out to bookshops, creating posters, social media advertising, ensuring bookshops have stock, etc.
- Trade marketing outreach to bookshops, ie proof mailings, on social media
- Direct orders – fulfilment, monitoring & targeting new accounts for direct sales
- Office management and web order fulfilment.
- Handling publicity enquiries and small second edition mail out management
- Prize submissions and festival outreach.
- Website management
- Metadata involvement.
Other possible areas of involvement if individual has relevant experience:
- Production/Print sourcing for 1 title per month
- Book project management
- Sub-rights sales & liaison across audio, special sales and dramatic rights.